I wanted to share with you my favorite beauty products of January. Advance notice all of the listed products are drugstore with exception of the BSS products and the M.A.C. lip gloss. and very much inexpensive. I will try to link as many a.s I can if you want to purchase them.
1. Up&Up Apricot Scrub from Target. I absolutely love it. Sometimes you purchase a scrub and it doesn’t do what it is said to do and by that I mean it doesn’t exfoliate. This scrubs leaves your face feeling butter soft and I love it. It’s actually a dupe for the St. Ives Apricot Scrub. Unfortunately, this one is not sold on line however a similar one can be ordered here and here.
2. BH Cosmetics Liquid Foundation is an amazing and buildable foundation and are you ready for this? Its currently on sale for $3.95usd. It’s a great formula and it dries to a Satin kinda finish in my opinion. It’s unfortunately, a little to dark for me so I mix it with Kiss New York BB Cream in Medium/Dark.
3. Milani’s very discontinued blush in Plum Parfait. It’s a gorgeous color. It’s a deep plummy color with no shimmer or glitter with a matte finish. It’s great on all shades but especially on woman of color. Perfect for Fall and Winter but can certainly sail into spring and summer. This blush can pretty much only be found on Ebay and maybe Amazon. You can find similar ones here and the actual blush here.
4. E.L.F. Flattop Powder Brush is forever a favorite for me. It’s pretty much infamous in the beauty community and everyone has or does use it from the top MUA’s to the bottom like me. I have never come across anyone who hasn’t ever tried this brush. It applies powder well but it applies liquid foundation like a DREAM *sigh*. If by chance you don’t have this you can get it here and here.
5. Kiss New York B.B. Cream in Medium/Dark which is an amazing Beauty Balm. Like, I’m not even lying to y’all the coverage is absolutely amazing. It has full coverage kinda potential without being cakey and lasted quite a few hours. I miss this with my BH Cosmetics foundation and I have the perfect blend. It’s very light weight and can blend in well enough to give the appearance that you have not put anything on. This will be perfect for the hot summer months. This can be found at you local BSS for about $8 to $10 or here.
6. Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Mascara in Blackest Black. This has been my holy grail mascara for the last 6 months. Now, I can’t say that the “lengthening serum” in this mascara is actually growing my lashes but it does give them length upon application. It’s extremely dark, doesn’t clump to much, and doesn’t flake. I can’t complain not one bit. You can purchase this product here.
7. M.A.C. Boy Bait Crèmesheen Lipglass which is a creamy beigey nude. I typically pair this with a brown liner or over top of a nude lip stick. It’s a great consistency and it’s not sticky at all. It’s a great color for all skin tones. You can find swatches here. I love it. I believe it retails for $20.00 and I’m totally sure that it’s a dupe out there that I need to get so I can savor the one I have. It’s a great color though.
8. Revlon Lip Butter in Fig Jam is the perfect my lips but better every day shade for me. I purchased it a few months ago and I love it. It’s the perfect every day shade. There is no shimmer, there is no glitter, no bells and no whistles just a simple flush of color to the lips. It’s absolutely perfection for my lips. The perfect amount of gloss not to much not to little. You can purchase one here.
9. Studio 35 Beauty Moisturizer is my every day and every night moisturizer. I cleanse my face and use this to add the hydration back. It’s a regular drug store brand and I love it. It’s not to thick and it’s not super greasy. It doesn’t make me look overly shiny either just hydrated. I couldn’t find the specific one that I have however I did find a similar one here.
10. Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque is my holy grail face mask. It sucks out ALL the impurities that your cleanser leaves behind. It’s mint flavored and when you first put it on it does tingle and tighten as well as harden a little. It is said to tighten pores but I can’t say that it has down that however, it does dry up any pimples you have almost over night. Whenever I have a massive break out this is the product I reach for and I think EVERYONE should have this in their collection. You can purchase it here.
*wipes sweat* Woooo that was long lol. So sorry for the long post but sometimes it has to be done LOL. I hope you all enjoyed this even with the length.
What are your beauty favorites? Have you used or do you currently own any of these products?
Until next time loves,