You like me you really like me!
Let me just tell you all that I am honored to know that more then one person loves my blog enough to nominate me for multiple awards. Like I never expected my little blog to touch anyone but it’s clear it has and I want to thank you all for continuing to rock with me. I can’t even express to you all how thankful I am to know that people who don’t even know me take interest in my words. That being said I want to send a special thanks to Christina of A Casual Beauty (sorry so late/Versatile Blogger), Prima Cosmo, and Amy of Amy Gives It A Go (Liebster Awards).
Christina was kind enough to pass me my 2nd Versatile Blogger award a little more then a week ago and I’m so sorry it took me this long to thank you. This morning Prima and Amy both were kind enough to pass on the Liebster Award to me. Man o’ man what a wonderful thing to wake up to. It literally made a day that I was nervous about was made so much brighter. Thanks fabbies!
I will combine are nominees at the end!
That being said lets get into it….I’ll start with the Versatile Blogger Award.
“The Versatile Blogger Award is an award given to you by your blogger peers, for writing quality posts that have somehow touched them, having good quality photographs, and the uniqueness of the subjects covered. The award is to honor the bloggers who bring something special to your life.”
The rules of the Versatile Blogger Award are:
- Display the award certificate.
- Announce your win and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Present 13 deserving bloggers with the award.
- Link your nominees in this post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself
Credit: A Casual Beauty for the deets and thanks again doll!
- I’ve spelled my middle name incorrectly all my life O_o.
- My favorite ice cream combo is Vanilla (Wal Mart Brand #dontsleep it’s amazing) with dollar store rainbow sprinkles.
- I’m a hoarder of everything girls love.
- I wish I had the patience to polish my own nails weekly but my nail beds look ridiculous with no acrylic or gel on top plus they won’t grow.
- My favorite past time is reading Urban Fiction.
- At 28 I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
- I HATE SALAD!
“The purpose of the Liebster Award is to promote blogs that have less than 200 followers, and to generate attention towards them. It gives me a chance to tell my followers a little bit about myself, and give some attention to some other really cool blogs. I would really love to share more about my life with all you make-up junkies out there…so here we go!”
Here are a few rules you must follow to take part in this award:
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer eleven questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give eleven random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate eleven blogs you think are worthy of the award (but they must have less than 200 followers.)
5. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
6. Give them eleven questions to answer.
Credit: Prima and Amy for the deets
1. Are you right-handed or left-handed? Right handed
2. Who’s your favorite actor/actress? Angela Bassett/Michael Ealy (that man is FINE)
3. What is your favorite quote? “Without struggle there is no progress”
4. Do you keep your finger nails short or long? I start off short and end up long!
5. What color are your favorite pair of shoes? Do I have to chose??? I’ll go with black.
6. Which social media platform do you use the most? Instagram follow me BlacknFab
7. Have you ever grown a garden? Does my eyebrows count? No #apartmentlife
8. What did you want to grow up to be as a child? A Pediatrician
9. Why do you blog? I have a big mouth and want the world to “hear” it?
10. How many blushes do you have? Jesus take the wheel…IDK maybe like 20-30?
11. Do you have a favorite constellation? The big or little dipper it’s the only one I can ever find .
1. What is your favorite part of blogging? Sharing my thoughts and knowing that my voice is heard.
2. What are your hobbies? Shopping 🙂 and reading!
3. What is your favorite color? I’ll go with pink or black…wait black isn’t a color so yes pink!
4. What is your favorite skin care product? Mint Julep Face Masque *queue Jay-z* HOLY GRAIL
5. What is one product you could not live without? Gel Liner…I can’t live with out them
6. What are your favorite hair trends? I love a short haired Mohawk…I miss mine 😦
7. What is your go to makeup look? Blackest Black winged liner and a bold lip…light blush and some beat down brows…no make up make up kinda foundation look…YES!
8. What is your favorite foundation? Cover Girl 3-in-1 All Day Flawless…the finish is AMAZING! Queen Latifah YOU DID THAT!
9. What are your goals for your blog? I want it to grow as much as possible, own my own domain and be able to post videos and such.
10. What do you store your makeup collection in? I have a vintage style vanity and I have the plastic storage drawers…I’ve come a long way from my one pink make up case in the bathroom.
11. What do you do to clean your brushes? I have a DIY brush cleaning bowl with ridges at the bottom. I put some dawn dish detergent or baby shampoo in the bottom add warm water and dip my brushes in and run the brush back and forth over the ridges, rinse until water runs clear.
Random Facts (I’ll do 22 instead of 11)
- I have no siblings.
- I met the love of my life on My Space.
- I refer to one of my best friends as “My BFF Jill”
- I’m an 80s baby but a 90s kid.
- I HATE BUGS!
- I have never had sinus issues or allergies.
- I’ve only had 2 full time jobs in my life. I stayed with them for years.
- I have 3 tattoos and 1 none ear piercing.
- I believe Netflix and Hulu were sent straight from the GAWDS!
- I love that I have no dress code at my office.
- I’ve only owned red cars.
- I refuse to upgrade to a Kindle Fire.
- I’m an Apple girl that admits Droid has stepped their game up.
- I love the Sims Franchise. (Can’t wait for Sims 4)
- I enjoy spending one on one time with my couch.
- My feet have been the same size since the 6th grade.
- I’m the tallest female working in my office.
- 75% of my post are done while at work.
- I love baked potatoes.
- It pisses me off when people don’t clear the time off the microwave!
- I own a ridiculous amount of shoes some of which are practically new but 10 years old.
- I think deciding to blog is one of the best decisions I have ever made!
The Nominees are:
My questions for you fabsters….
- What is your holy grail make up product?
- What’s your idea of the perfect date?
- What made you start your blog?
- What is your staple accessory?
- What is your go to hair do?
- Are you reading a book? If so what?
- How do you deal with stress?
- Do you have kids?
- How many eyeshadow palettes do you own?
- What’s your favorite make up brand?
- Do you put videos on your blog?
Please check out the fabbies that nominated me as well as the fabs I’ve nominated. They are all FABULOUS!
As always thank you all for reading and rocking with me and until next time….